General Board » new toys?

• RickC

RickC tied to the dripping roast

hey, did you get any cool new toys for Christmas? Tell us about it. I got these crazy CD wall-shelfs, from IKEA. At last count, I had over 700 CDs (might be over 800 by now) and they're everywhere around the house, so it's a problem that's needed addressing for awhile. The shelves are plastic, come in 15" x 15" squares, and look kinda like louvered blinds; fairly flat with shallow grooves for holding the jewel cases by one edge. Each square holds 50 discs, and they stick out horizontally, at a slight angle. Hard to describe without seeing, but it is *so* cool. Wicked easy to install, wicked easy to get the CDs in and out, and on your wall it looks like this huge 3-D mosaic. Form *and* function. So, what'd you get??? /rick

hey, did you get any cool new toys for Christmas? Tell us about it.

I got these crazy CD wall-shelfs, from IKEA. At last count, I had over 700 CDs (might be over 800 by now) and they're everywhere around the house, so it's a problem that's needed addressing for awhile. The shelves are plastic, come in 15" x 15" squares, and look kinda like louvered blinds; fairly flat with shallow grooves for holding the jewel cases by one edge. Each square holds 50 discs, and they stick out horizontally, at a slight angle. Hard to describe without seeing, but it is *so* cool. Wicked easy to install, wicked easy to get the CDs in and out, and on your wall it looks like this huge 3-D mosaic. Form *and* function.

So, what'd you get???

/rick

• jb

jb MA

Cool... As you know brother Rick... I got a mandolin for x-mas. I love this little thing. Can't wait to play Ripple. Peace

Cool... As you know brother Rick... I got a mandolin for x-mas. I love this little thing.
    Can't wait to play Ripple.

Peace

• Jada

Jada

my new iPod is the love of my life right now, i'm addicted. jb do you know how to play a mandaline?

my new iPod is the love of my life right now, i'm addicted.

jb do you know how to play a mandaline?

• Jada

Jada

"mandolin" my bad :laugh:

"mandolin"

my bad laugh

• Jada

Jada

Are you guys planning to play @ Doc's anytime soon?

Are you guys planning to play @ Doc's anytime soon?

• JB

JB MA

Hey ... I'm just learning mandolin right now.. but it's coming along faster than I thought. Docs: We're actually working with them to nail down a few dates as we speak. X your fingers and come to a show.. Peace and Love, JB

Hey ... I'm just learning mandolin right now.. but it's coming along faster than I thought.
    Docs: We're actually working with them to nail down a few dates as we speak.

X your fingers and come to a show..

Peace and Love,

JB

• alec

alec out somewhere with someone I shouldn't be

New Ipod, Playstation 2, new cell phone, and new palm pilot, I'm liking those cd cases Rick, I might just have to grab me a few.

New Ipod, Playstation 2, new cell phone, and new palm pilot, I'm liking those cd cases Rick, I might just have to grab me a few.

• alec

alec out somewhere with someone I shouldn't be

Add your message - It will be added as the newest post