General Board » Alec & Crash's crazy Vermont trip

• alec

alec cyberworld

Well I guess it started out ok enough. Except with me being the one who makes the setlists up and all, my printer decides to go on the Fritz. So Crash (percussion)(A.J was out of town on a playing engagement with his band Starr Faithfull).... and myself instead of leaving at 8:30 pm for Vermont from Mass (we really wanted to leave at 7)....didn't hit the road until 10:30 p.m. What's a little 3 plus hour road trip at that time of the night right? We receive a call from Jb saying he wants us to get coffee, and hey we are drummers so any chance to stop in and get a coffee is all we need. So we run into a friend of Crash's who hooks us up with enough coffee supplies to last us at least until next spring. I don't know if any of you have yet to experience a long ride with Crash, but it goes by literally like it's minutes. I don't think I've laughed that hard in years!! We talked about everything from endorsments, drums, sounds, singers, bands, girls, etc. But when we got to the Movie part as we were traveling down these dark Vermont roads not knowing where the hell we were going. And I kind of mentioned people hangin out in the backseat waiting to like kill you. And he was like "dude you are freakin' me out", which put me in utter hysterics.. Anyway after driving up and down the Mountain (Killington) a few times, we get to the hotel, the boys had long been counting sheep at this point, we were there I believe about 3 am, we passed out. and was awakened by Jb playing some kind of song (I think the chords were a little fuzzy, on his mandolin!!) So after awaking, we were treated to the pleasure? Of Jb's home cooked sausage and cheese chicken wraps, and coffee that we had got the night before. We get to the Stage, setup, say hi to our "brothers on the road" Playin' Dead, I joined a group of drummers doing that drum circle thing. And we basically just hung out waiting for show time. The bookers, and Promoters took GREAT care of us, (here's to you guys & girls!!) The band launched into Don't want you No More>Cross to Bear>Stand Back, etc. Now for the cool part, as we were on stage it started to rain for like 1 minute, literally 1 minute, then it kind of snowed, then the sun came out, then it sleeted for like 1 minute but with the reflection of the sun, and snow on the mountain, it looked like it was raining fire!! The spirit of the ABB was with us even though they were playing later that night at the 'Wanee festival in Live Oak Florida. Which Jb, myself, and our tour mystic Fig attended last year. The Day was especially sweet for me as two people that I love and care about very deeply showed up, which were my friends Bill and Mindy. (Here's to alot more fun and shows kids!!) After a phenomenal show and set by Playin' Dead with our good friend Jim Cribby playing double duty keyboards (our boy Sully was in Atlanta, Crash, Myself, Rick, Brian and Tony (Playin' Dead's two headed drum monster), Jb, Bill and Mindy went out for a bite to eat at the Outback Pizza, (good call on that one Jb.) Then it was back to our Condo, to hang for a bit, say some goodbye for now's, and then myself and Crash head down to the Wobbly Barn for their last Southbound Suarez, a PAJAMA party of all things!!! That's like letting 2 lions right into the Zebra's cage catch my drift? The sights, sounds, and action of the pajama party will not likely be forgotten soon...( I have a newfound respect for the game twister I tell ya!!, and those pillowfights!! 3 cheers for the Red Baron!!) Some woman came up to Crash and had seen us play the day before but she wanted to make sure he was really a drummer well I guess in her own kind of way....Anyway just a wonderful time, thanks for the laugh's guys, and can't wait to do it again.......see you out on the road, but just know a peach in need is wicked indeed......

Well I guess it started out ok enough. Except with me being the one who makes the setlists up and all, my printer decides to go on the Fritz. So Crash (percussion)(A.J was out of town on a playing engagement with his band Starr Faithfull).... and myself instead of leaving at 8:30 pm for Vermont from Mass (we really wanted to leave at 7)....didn't hit the road until 10:30 p.m.

What's a little 3 plus hour road trip at that time of the night right? We receive a call from Jb saying he wants us to get coffee, and hey we are drummers so any chance to stop in and get a coffee is all we need.

So we run into a friend of Crash's who hooks us up with enough coffee supplies to last us at least until next spring. I don't know if any of you have yet to experience a long ride with Crash, but it goes by literally like it's minutes.

I don't think I've laughed that hard in years!! We talked about everything from endorsments, drums, sounds, singers, bands, girls, etc. But when we got to the Movie part as we were traveling down these dark Vermont roads not knowing where the hell we were going. And I kind of mentioned people hangin out in the backseat waiting to like kill you. And he was like "dude you are freakin' me out", which put me in utter hysterics..

Anyway after driving up and down the Mountain (Killington) a few times, we get to the hotel, the boys had long been counting sheep at this point, we were there I believe about 3 am, we passed out. and was awakened by Jb playing some kind of song (I think the chords were a little fuzzy, on his mandolin!!) So after awaking, we were treated to the pleasure? Of Jb's home cooked sausage and cheese chicken wraps, and coffee that we had got the night before.

We get to the Stage, setup, say hi to our "brothers on the road" Playin' Dead, I joined a group of drummers doing that drum circle thing.

And we basically just hung out waiting for show time. The bookers, and Promoters took GREAT care of us, (here's to you guys & girls!!)

The band launched into Don't want you No More>Cross to Bear>Stand Back, etc. Now for the cool part, as we were on stage it started to rain for like 1 minute, literally 1 minute, then it kind of snowed, then the sun came out, then it sleeted for like 1 minute but with the reflection of the sun, and snow on the mountain, it looked like it was raining fire!!

The spirit of the ABB was with us even though they were playing later that night at the 'Wanee festival in Live Oak Florida. Which Jb, myself, and our tour mystic Fig attended last year. The Day was especially sweet for me as two people that I love and care about very deeply showed up, which were my friends Bill and Mindy. (Here's to alot more fun and shows kids!!)

After a phenomenal show and set by Playin' Dead with our good friend Jim Cribby playing double duty keyboards (our boy Sully was in Atlanta, Crash, Myself, Rick, Brian and Tony (Playin' Dead's two headed drum monster), Jb, Bill and Mindy went out for a bite to eat at the Outback Pizza, (good call on that one Jb.)

Then it was back to our Condo, to hang for a bit, say some goodbye for now's, and then myself and Crash head down to the Wobbly Barn for their last Southbound Suarez, a PAJAMA party of all things!!!

That's like letting 2 lions right into the Zebra's cage catch my drift?
    The sights, sounds, and action of the pajama party will not likely be forgotten soon...( I have a newfound respect for the game twister I tell ya!!, and those pillowfights!! 3 cheers for the Red Baron!!)

Some woman came up to Crash and had seen us play the day before but she wanted to make sure he was really a drummer well I guess in her own kind of way....Anyway just a wonderful time, thanks for the laugh's guys, and can't wait to do it again.......see you out on the road, but just know a peach in need is wicked indeed......

• Sue

Sue

I am laughing so hard right now! Very well put my friend Alec...I know I missed a good one. I feel as though I was there now that I have read your post. Thanks for painting a vivid picture! :laugh:

I am laughing so hard right now! Very well put my friend Alec...I know I missed a good one. I feel as though I was there now that I have read your post. Thanks for painting a vivid picture! laugh

Add your message - It will be added as the newest post