General Board » Twweter Center Jam

• Sue

Sue Here and there

Here's some of the conversations taking place on the ABB site. Susea another Peacheaters Party at Greatwoods 8/26???? posted from, No1ToRunWith We'll see?? I'll be at Dante's tonight catching the Peacheaters so I'll start to put the bug in their ears. I asked Alec and he said to say yes. Saw the guys Fri night. I've been told "YES" Last year was great so will probably become an annual event. Saw the Peacheaters for the first time Friday night at Dante's, too, and thought they were great! Cool, I wish I knew who you were so we could say hi. They're all great guys and dear friends of mine. We were dancing most of the night. How can you not. If you noticed the two blonds dancing? That was Jenny and myself. Jenny is Dave Porters girlfriend. Dave is incredible on the slide. Some people at shows have said he resembles Dickey. Well perhaps you'll check out the jam at the Tweeter this year? It's an acoustic thing. Carter Allen from WZLX hangs out and puts live clips on the air. We've encouraged other muscians to join in as well. A Wanee style jam that's just way too much fun!! I'm hoping to check out the jam at the Tweeter Center, that sounds like a lot of fun! Dave Porter is a great slide player, he sounded incredible... (they all did a great job). I did notice several people dancing and having a good time... We could only stay for the first set - but we'll be catching them again, for sure! I'll introduce myself next time... Peace, - Thorazine Too bad you missed the second set. It was over the top!! Next time you plan on going to a show drop me a PM. Then we'll be sure to meet up. And you're right, they are all great. This is a very tight band.

Here's some of the conversations taking place on the ABB site.

Susea another Peacheaters Party at Greatwoods 8/26???? posted from,
    No1ToRunWith

We'll see?? I'll be at Dante's tonight catching the Peacheaters so I'll start to put the bug in their ears.

I asked Alec and he said to say yes.

Saw the guys Fri night. I've been told "YES"

Last year was great so will probably become an annual event.

Saw the Peacheaters for the first time Friday night at Dante's, too, and thought they were great!

Cool, I wish I knew who you were so we could say hi. They're all great guys and dear friends of mine. We were dancing most of the night. How can you not. If you noticed the two blonds dancing? That was Jenny and myself. Jenny is Dave Porters girlfriend. Dave is incredible on the slide. Some people at shows have said he resembles Dickey.

Well perhaps you'll check out the jam at the Tweeter this year? It's an acoustic thing. Carter Allen from WZLX hangs out and puts live clips on the air.

We've encouraged other muscians to join in as well. A Wanee style jam that's just way too much fun!!

I'm hoping to check out the jam at the Tweeter Center, that sounds like a lot of fun!

Dave Porter is a great slide player, he sounded incredible... (they all did a great job).

I did notice several people dancing and having a good time... We could only stay for the first set - but we'll be catching them again, for sure! I'll introduce myself next time...

Peace,
    - Thorazine

Too bad you missed the second set. It was over the top!! Next time you plan on going to a show drop me a PM. Then we'll be sure to meet up. And you're right, they are all great. This is a very tight band.

• Sue

Sue

Just for the record...I know Tweeter has two "e" LOL More posts coming in... A friend just told me that Trey Anastasio is opening the Tweeter show. I thought he was mixing up Trey opening for Petty, but with the change in the tour page, who knows? Please have dTb open! Please! Also looking forward to the Peacheaters in the parking lot again. WZLX was there last year! Posted by... No1ToRunWith

Just for the record...I know Tweeter has two "e" LOL

More posts coming in...

A friend just told me that Trey Anastasio is opening the Tweeter show. I thought he was mixing up Trey opening for Petty, but with the change in the tour page, who knows?

Please have dTb open! Please! Also looking forward to the Peacheaters in the parking lot again. WZLX was there last year! Posted by... No1ToRunWith

• JB

JB GA Piney Woods

Sister Sue, I consider you the mother of this and most threads. We had a band meeting last night and the subject of a parking lot jam came up. Could you please breath some good vibes into this thread and find out if the people want to partake in this jam or not. If the folks want it we'll damn sure do it. One Note: This year let's figure out a better way to communicate the jam location. One suggestion - create a cell phone buddy system where everyone's responsible for calling just 1 or 2 folks... just thinking out loud. peace & love, jb

Sister Sue,

I consider you the mother of this and most threads. We had a band meeting last night and the subject of a parking lot jam came up. Could you please breath some good vibes into this thread and find out if the people want to partake in this jam or not. If the folks want it we'll damn sure do it.

One Note: This year let's figure out a better way to communicate the jam location. One suggestion - create a cell phone buddy system where everyone's responsible for calling just 1 or 2 folks... just thinking out loud.

peace & love,

jb

• Sue

Sue

JB, the buddy system is all set. I have saved all contacts from last year. If you remember, I was the contact person. I called everyone that left me their cell #'s as soon as we got to the parking lot. I let people in on our location once we parked. That worked out well. I think that the Peach family needs to meet on 495 somewhere so that we all follow each other and park side by side. That would be best. I will be starting a Thread soon on the ABB site and I know that N1TRW will help me spread the word. We'll see if we can get other musicians to join in. But I know we'll have a crowd who want to be there to meet and listen. Dave had mentioned maybe going electric?? Alec you have the PA? Luke you have the generator? :love::)

JB, the buddy system is all set. I have saved all contacts from last year. If you remember, I was the contact person. I called everyone that left me their cell #'s as soon as we got to the parking lot. I let people in on our location once we parked. That worked out well.

I think that the Peach family needs to meet on 495 somewhere so that we all follow each other and park side by side. That would be best.

I will be starting a Thread soon on the ABB site and I know that N1TRW will help me spread the word. We'll see if we can get other musicians to join in. But I know we'll have a crowd who want to be there to meet and listen.

Dave had mentioned maybe going electric??

Alec you have the PA?

Luke you have the generator?

lovesmile

• JB

JB GA piney woods

Sister Sue to the Rescue. Do me a favor bud. Email me at the day job I have a question for you. Thanks and peace! jb

Sister Sue to the Rescue.
    Do me a favor bud. Email me at the day job I have a question for you.

Thanks and peace!

jb

• JB

JB GA always

Electric... hmmm - i think it's all a question of how much poop the generator can deliver. Sue... can you please check in with young Luke and find out: 1. Will the generator be available 2. How much power it puts out. Coordinating a time/place to meet so we can drive in together is key. This is how we got such a primo locale last year. Thanks! jb

Electric... hmmm - i think it's all a question of how much poop the generator can deliver.
    Sue... can you please check in with young Luke and find out:

1. Will the generator be available
    2. How much power it puts out.

Coordinating a time/place to meet so we can drive in together is key.
    This is how we got such a primo locale last year.

Thanks!

jb

• Sue

Sue Under a Peach Tree

Yes, I will locate Alec to find out the output on Lukes Generator. It's in the family so I'm sure it won't be a problem. We just supply the gas. Of coarse that may cost an arm or leg :laugh: It's all going to come together.;) And if we all meet and drive in together that would be best!! :D

Yes, I will locate Alec to find out the output on Lukes Generator. It's in the family so I'm sure it won't be a problem. We just supply the gas. Of coarse that may cost an arm or leg laugh

It's all going to come together.wink

And if we all meet and drive in together that would be best!! biggrin

• JB

JB GA in my brain

Sweet Sister Sue... you take such good care of us. Much Love! XO jb

Sweet Sister Sue... you take such good care of us.
    Much Love!

XO

jb

• alec

alec can ya guess

Hey all, as it stands now it's looking like the music is going to start somewhere between 3 and 4 pm. We will be doing the acoustic thing once again if only because, we don't want those boys in blue shuttin' anything down! And we figure it might just be best to leave the electric stuff to the Good Reverend Haynes, and his whiz-kid counterpart Brother Derek if you please. As far as havin' a "communal" jam if someone brings an acoustic and time permits I see no problem with it. I just get "sketchy" with this idea because at some point someone almost always feels they get "left out". And most times they are correct. And we want nothing but a positive vibe out there. Now I really can't say anything as of yet, but this would really be worth checking out as there is a possibility of some real special friends comin' on over and hanging out with us, 'nuff said on that. If it happens, it happens, if it don't it don't, but if it happens and you are not there, you don't want us to tell you that you should have been! Here's to lookin' forward of a celebration on the 26th of August in the Tweeter Center Parking lot w/friends, family, the power of the music of the Allman Brothers Band and the Brotherhood of the Mule. Sue will be once again in charge of phone numbers and locations, (thanks Sue!!) We will post as we get closer. See y'all very soon! -Alec

Hey all,

as it stands now it's looking like the music is going to start somewhere between 3 and 4 pm. We will be doing the acoustic thing once again if only because, we don't want those boys in blue shuttin' anything down! And we figure it might just be best to leave the electric stuff to the Good Reverend Haynes, and his whiz-kid counterpart Brother Derek if you please.

As far as havin' a "communal" jam if someone brings an acoustic and time permits I see no problem with it. I just get "sketchy" with this idea because at some point someone almost always feels they get "left out". And most times they are correct. And we want nothing but a positive vibe out there.

Now I really can't say anything as of yet, but this would really be worth checking out as there is a possibility of some real special friends comin' on over and hanging out with us, 'nuff said on that. If it happens, it happens, if it don't it don't, but if it happens and you are not there, you don't want us to tell you that you should have been!

Here's to lookin' forward of a celebration on the 26th of August in the Tweeter Center Parking lot w/friends, family, the power of the music of the Allman Brothers Band and the Brotherhood of the Mule. Sue will be once again in charge of phone numbers and locations, (thanks Sue!!) We will post as we get closer. See y'all very soon!

-Alec

• N1TRW

N1TRW

Thanks guys! This is going to be a great time, I know last year was!!! Look forward to seeing you there. Sue anyway we could maybe put a promo on WZLX? Meeting outside of G.W. is a great idea, there is a shopping plaza a mile up on the left past the enterance. has a Roche Bro supermarket and Mcd's. Could meet there?

Thanks guys! This is going to be a great time, I know last year was!!! Look forward to seeing you there. Sue anyway we could maybe put a promo on WZLX? Meeting outside of G.W. is a great idea, there is a shopping plaza a mile up on the left past the enterance. has a Roche Bro supermarket and Mcd's. Could meet there?

Add your message - It will be added as the newest post