General Board » Gary Backstrom Band

• RickC

RickC up from the skies

As many of you know, we did a gig with Gary sitting in on guitar up at Killington recently. Gary plays with Jiggle the Handle, and has recently been gigging under his own name as well. I picked up a CD from him at Killington, a live show with his current band, and it has not left my CD player since. He is a phenomenal player, beautiful long fluid lines, and writes some great tunes as well. I wish I could compare it to something else, but it's really unique; jammy, yes very much so, but not really like anyone else out there. Gary and his band will be at Tammany Hall in Worcester MA this Saturday night (4/28/07). I definitely plan on being there. www.garybackstrom.com /rick

As many of you know, we did a gig with Gary sitting in on guitar up at Killington recently. Gary plays with Jiggle the Handle, and has recently been gigging under his own name as well. I picked up a CD from him at Killington, a live show with his current band, and it has not left my CD player since. He is a phenomenal player, beautiful long fluid lines, and writes some great tunes as well. I wish I could compare it to something else, but it's really unique; jammy, yes very much so, but not really like anyone else out there.

Gary and his band will be at Tammany Hall in Worcester MA this Saturday night (4/28/07). I definitely plan on being there.

www.garybackstrom.com

/rick

• alec

alec wishin' I was with a certain pretty girl

Rick maybe we can go together, I'd definitely love to check it out.

Rick maybe we can go together, I'd definitely love to check it out.

• Sista Sue

Sista Sue

Hmmm, that could be interesting!! I missed Gary in VT cause I was at the Wanee Fest!!

Hmmm, that could be interesting!! I missed Gary in VT cause I was at the Wanee Fest!!

• JB

JB GA on my mind

Gary is a wonderful musician... and a really sweet soul. We're very pleased to let ya'll know that G' will be performing a solo acoustic set AND sitting in on slide/lead guitar with the Peach on the first night of our back to back shows at Doc's in Milford: FRIDAY, JUNE 1st SATURDAY, JUNE 2nd Our good bud Chris Ross will kick off both shows. $15 (save $5) for both shows or $10 for either night. You can buy tickets on line - right here at peacheaters.com/tickets Peace. JB

Gary is a wonderful musician... and a really sweet soul.

We're very pleased to let ya'll know that G' will be performing a solo acoustic set AND sitting in on slide/lead guitar with the Peach on the first night of our back to back shows at Doc's in Milford:

FRIDAY, JUNE 1st
    SATURDAY, JUNE 2nd

Our good bud Chris Ross will kick off both shows.
    $15 (save $5) for both shows or $10 for either night.
    You can buy tickets on line - right here at peacheaters.com/tickets

Peace.

JB

• Sista Sue

Sista Sue

I didn't realize he was going to do a solo acoustic set too!!!! :D

I didn't realize he was going to do a solo acoustic set too!!!! biggrin

• jim

jim hammondville

Can't wait to play with Gary at Doc's!

Can't wait to play with Gary at Doc's!

• JB

JB GA on my mind

Ya'll, On Friday we had the great pleasure of playin' with Gary B' again. Man... there are not many like him. To start off he played a really cool acoustic set including some down home slide that gave me chill bumps. Then, sitting in as our lead/slide man, his tasteful solos stopped the show. I found myself looking at G's hands goin' what the hell. On a personal note I want to thank Gary for inspiring me and for encouraging me to stretch out. His support means alot to me. What a generous dude. Peace & Love, JB

Ya'll,

On Friday we had the great pleasure of playin' with Gary B' again.
    Man... there are not many like him. To start off he played a really cool acoustic set
    including some down home slide that gave me chill bumps.

Then, sitting in as our lead/slide man, his tasteful solos stopped the show.
    I found myself looking at G's hands goin' what the hell.

On a personal note I want to thank Gary for inspiring me and for
    encouraging me to stretch out. His support means alot to me. What a generous dude.

Peace & Love,

JB

• JB

JB GA on my mind

Ya'll, Gary B' joined us again for 2 sets at Dante's in Quincy, MA. Believe me, the pleasure was all ours. The crowd was tiny but mighty and the love was felt. I can't tell you how fullfilling it is to play with a guy like Gary. He's an amazing player and person. His generosity when it comes to sharing the music is just wonderful. GO SEE GARY - and come see us too :) Peace & Love. JB

Ya'll,

Gary B' joined us again for 2 sets at Dante's in Quincy, MA.
    Believe me, the pleasure was all ours.
    The crowd was tiny but mighty and the love was felt.

I can't tell you how fullfilling it is to play with a guy like Gary.
    He's an amazing player and person. His generosity when it comes
    to sharing the music is just wonderful. GO SEE GARY - and come
    see us too smile

Peace & Love.

JB

• Sista Sue

Sista Sue The Zone

Last night at Doc's was amazing vibes all abound!!! Gary opened with his band and I got to tell you, he is reminding me and others of Warren Haynes!! Gary just has the talent and musicianship thru and thru...Just killer stuff, not to mention his vocals as well! :agree: :D Was a great group of people last night too with many new faces...hello and thanks to all those folks...love that!!! :love: The Peacheater's had someone other than our dear Rick on bass and if we had to have a filler, this man did a wonderful job. Someone can help me out with his name here. Me bad, I have a hard time with names till I've seen you a bit. Fig is doing a great job with the "lighting and trippy colors" :) I believe Gary will be with the Peacheaters again this coming Fri at Dante's in Marlboro so if you missed him last night, here's your chance to witness his magic!

Last night at Doc's was amazing vibes all abound!!! Gary opened with his band and I got to tell you, he is reminding me and others of Warren Haynes!! Gary just has the talent and musicianship thru and thru...Just killer stuff, not to mention his vocals as well! agree biggrin

Was a great group of people last night too with many new faces...hello and thanks to all those folks...love that!!! love

The Peacheater's had someone other than our dear Rick on bass and if we had to have a filler, this man did a wonderful job. Someone can help me out with his name here. Me bad, I have a hard time with names till I've seen you a bit.

Fig is doing a great job with the "lighting and trippy colors" smile

I believe Gary will be with the Peacheaters again this coming Fri at Dante's in Marlboro so if you missed him last night, here's your chance to witness his magic!

• JB*

JB* GA in my mind

Ya'll, Thanks for joining us at Doc's last night. Sue, that was Jeff Thomas on bass - he's a goodin'. Spoke with Rick C' this morning - what a cool guy callin' to see how things went. Hope everyone can make it out next weekend. Friday, November 16th - Dante's, Marlborough, MA: Duane Allman Memorial Birthday Bash Part One Saturday, November 17th - Jakes, Waltham, MA: Duane Allman Memorial Birthday Bash Part Two. FREE Duane Allman posters at both shows. Get one while they last. Peace & Love, JB

Ya'll,

Thanks for joining us at Doc's last night.
    Sue, that was Jeff Thomas on bass - he's a goodin'.
    Spoke with Rick C' this morning - what a cool guy callin' to see how things went.

Hope everyone can make it out next weekend.
    Friday, November 16th - Dante's, Marlborough, MA: Duane Allman Memorial Birthday Bash Part One
    Saturday, November 17th - Jakes, Waltham, MA: Duane Allman Memorial Birthday Bash Part Two.
    FREE Duane Allman posters at both shows. Get one while they last.

Peace & Love,
    JB

Add your message - It will be added as the newest post