General Board » Gary Backstrom Band

• RickC

RickC up from the skies

As many of you know, we did a gig with Gary sitting in on guitar up at Killington recently. Gary plays with Jiggle the Handle, and has recently been gigging under his own name as well. I picked up a CD from him at Killington, a live show with his current band, and it has not left my CD player since. He is a phenomenal player, beautiful long fluid lines, and writes some great tunes as well. I wish I could compare it to something else, but it's really unique; jammy, yes very much so, but not really like anyone else out there. Gary and his band will be at Tammany Hall in Worcester MA this Saturday night (4/28/07). I definitely plan on being there. www.garybackstrom.com /rick

As many of you know, we did a gig with Gary sitting in on guitar up at Killington recently. Gary plays with Jiggle the Handle, and has recently been gigging under his own name as well. I picked up a CD from him at Killington, a live show with his current band, and it has not left my CD player since. He is a phenomenal player, beautiful long fluid lines, and writes some great tunes as well. I wish I could compare it to something else, but it's really unique; jammy, yes very much so, but not really like anyone else out there.

Gary and his band will be at Tammany Hall in Worcester MA this Saturday night (4/28/07). I definitely plan on being there.

www.garybackstrom.com

/rick

• alec

alec wishin' I was with a certain pretty girl

Rick maybe we can go together, I'd definitely love to check it out.

Rick maybe we can go together, I'd definitely love to check it out.

• JB

JB GA on my mind

Gary is a wonderful musician... and a really sweet soul. We're very pleased to let ya'll know that G' will be performing a solo acoustic set AND sitting in on slide/lead guitar with the Peach on the first night of our back to back shows at Doc's in Milford: FRIDAY, JUNE 1st SATURDAY, JUNE 2nd Our good bud Chris Ross will kick off both shows. $15 (save $5) for both shows or $10 for either night. You can buy tickets on line - right here at peacheaters.com/tickets Peace. JB

Gary is a wonderful musician... and a really sweet soul.

We're very pleased to let ya'll know that G' will be performing a solo acoustic set AND sitting in on slide/lead guitar with the Peach on the first night of our back to back shows at Doc's in Milford:

FRIDAY, JUNE 1st
    SATURDAY, JUNE 2nd

Our good bud Chris Ross will kick off both shows.
    $15 (save $5) for both shows or $10 for either night.
    You can buy tickets on line - right here at peacheaters.com/tickets

Peace.

JB

• JB

JB GA on my mind

Ya'll, On Friday we had the great pleasure of playin' with Gary B' again. Man... there are not many like him. To start off he played a really cool acoustic set including some down home slide that gave me chill bumps. Then, sitting in as our lead/slide man, his tasteful solos stopped the show. I found myself looking at G's hands goin' what the hell. On a personal note I want to thank Gary for inspiring me and for encouraging me to stretch out. His support means alot to me. What a generous dude. Peace & Love, JB

Ya'll,

On Friday we had the great pleasure of playin' with Gary B' again.
    Man... there are not many like him. To start off he played a really cool acoustic set
    including some down home slide that gave me chill bumps.

Then, sitting in as our lead/slide man, his tasteful solos stopped the show.
    I found myself looking at G's hands goin' what the hell.

On a personal note I want to thank Gary for inspiring me and for
    encouraging me to stretch out. His support means alot to me. What a generous dude.

Peace & Love,

JB

• JB

JB GA on my mind

Ya'll, Gary B' joined us again for 2 sets at Dante's in Quincy, MA. Believe me, the pleasure was all ours. The crowd was tiny but mighty and the love was felt. I can't tell you how fullfilling it is to play with a guy like Gary. He's an amazing player and person. His generosity when it comes to sharing the music is just wonderful. GO SEE GARY - and come see us too :) Peace & Love. JB

Ya'll,

Gary B' joined us again for 2 sets at Dante's in Quincy, MA.
    Believe me, the pleasure was all ours.
    The crowd was tiny but mighty and the love was felt.

I can't tell you how fullfilling it is to play with a guy like Gary.
    He's an amazing player and person. His generosity when it comes
    to sharing the music is just wonderful. GO SEE GARY - and come
    see us too smile

Peace & Love.

JB

• JB*

JB* GA in my mind

Ya'll, Thanks for joining us at Doc's last night. Sue, that was Jeff Thomas on bass - he's a goodin'. Spoke with Rick C' this morning - what a cool guy callin' to see how things went. Hope everyone can make it out next weekend. Friday, November 16th - Dante's, Marlborough, MA: Duane Allman Memorial Birthday Bash Part One Saturday, November 17th - Jakes, Waltham, MA: Duane Allman Memorial Birthday Bash Part Two. FREE Duane Allman posters at both shows. Get one while they last. Peace & Love, JB

Ya'll,

Thanks for joining us at Doc's last night.
    Sue, that was Jeff Thomas on bass - he's a goodin'.
    Spoke with Rick C' this morning - what a cool guy callin' to see how things went.

Hope everyone can make it out next weekend.
    Friday, November 16th - Dante's, Marlborough, MA: Duane Allman Memorial Birthday Bash Part One
    Saturday, November 17th - Jakes, Waltham, MA: Duane Allman Memorial Birthday Bash Part Two.
    FREE Duane Allman posters at both shows. Get one while they last.

Peace & Love,
    JB

• JB

JB GA on my mind

Thanks Sue. Much love to all of those who've gone before us. Keep the vibe alive. Peace & Love JB

Thanks Sue. Much love to all of those who've gone before us.
    Keep the vibe alive.

Peace & Love

JB

Add your message - It will be added as the newest post